Monday, March 30, 2009

---start.---

I am ridiculously smart.

I am not telling you this to impress you. Being ridiculously smart does not automatically also make me pretty, nice, moral, wise, or valuable. It does, however, make me ridiculously smart.

I've seen a lot of books, and essays, and blogs, that aim to discuss life from a particular cultural viewpoint. Life as a woman, life as a minority, life with a disease, life in a scene. It's all about the experience of being something. Something that you've embraced as a fundamental part of who you are.

I've never seen one for 'life as a smart kid'. So I'm writing one. Because that is a large part of who I am.

If it helps you, good. If it's interesting, good. If you don't like it, nobody's making you read it.

It took me a long time to meet other people who thought like I did. I hope I can be a bright enough beacon, sitting out here in the middle of the internet, that the rest of you notice, and come to meet each other.

See you in the next post.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch!
    I shall look forward to reading more musings when they appear.

    ReplyDelete